Jefferson's democracy

Franklin Jefferson's thoughts on the world

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nowhere to go

At this point, if anybody's reading this, I expect people are saying, ok, another garden variety Bush-basher; why doesn't he join the Democratic party?

The problem is that disliking Mr. Bush hasn't meant that I like the liberal policies any better, and Ted Kennedy is still a stupid, bloated buffoon. My opinions and beliefs really haven't changed; it is the Republicans that seem to be repudiating everything that conservatism really means. The movement of the Republicans away from libertarian principles and toward "big government conservatism" (which is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) has really left me with nowhere to go, and I resent it. I resent the fact that conservatism has been hijacked, and that politicians talk about defending liberty while taking our freedom away and putting the machinery of dictatorship in place.

I'm not about to turn into a liberal. I want my country back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the most part, I hate 'em all. Our political system seems to select only detestable candidates.

FWIW, my summary of my political views can be found on my website,
www.sff.net/people/geoffrey.landis/politics.html

4/05/2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home