Jefferson's democracy

Franklin Jefferson's thoughts on the world

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Busy

Well, my business had gotten busy the last few months, and I haven't had much time to sit and look at the news. In any case, I'm somewhat at sevens and nines to know what to think about the new congress; I'm not thrilled about Democrats in general, but I'm like the checks and balances that come from the fact that Congress is from a different party than the president. So I'll be waiting with some amount of interest to see if the inherent liberalness of the Democrats will win out, or whether the end result will be a nice balance. Speaking of balance, I'm baffled to see that, after six years of humongous deficit spending, the President has suddenly come out in favor of balancing the budget. Wow. You hypocrite, you had six years with your own party in control, why wasn't it ever an issue then? But it is nice to see that, now that he has some opposition that will keep hand out of the candy jar, he's all of a sudden waking up to core Republican principles that he had forgotten.

Of course, his idea is to put together a plan to balance the budget... not now, but in the future... like, just as soon as somebody else is in office in 2012 (or look here)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home